Trail Auditor Training – Kythera Island, Greece 2019
Kythera Hiking and the Kytherian Foundation for Culture and Development invites trail managers and trail specialists from across Europe to join the first International Green Flag Trails – Trail Auditor Training offered by the World Trails Network.
Date: 4 -11 October 2019
Place: Kythera Island, Greece
Duration: 8 Days
Cost: Special rate $350 (normal rate is $680)
Includes: Accommodation, certain meals, transport to start of trails, 2 instructors, printed materials, certificates, and much more.
Instructor: Training will be conducted by Prof. Leon Hugo – Green Flag Trails Founder
Only 9 places left – apply today.
REGISTER HERE NOW – places are limited
This training will be the first of its kind in Europe using a trail assessment system that is tested and applied in multiple countries.
OBJECTIVES & BENEFITS OF GREEN FLAG TRAIL TRAINING
What you will learn:
- The sustainability of all trails depends on the trail meeting its designated purpose, through effective design and ongoing maintenance. Trail Auditors develop the critical skill of being able to identify trail attributes and features that are essential to trail maintenance.
- Kythera Island’s trails are an ideal location for learning first-hand how the system works, by completing an actual trail audit and trail certification process.
- Understand the role trail auditing plays in the overall trail design process.
- Learn how to enhance the tourism and communications opportunities linked to your trails through an international system that helps ensure the safety and responsible management of your trails.
- Learn in a group environment that encourages critical thinking to further develop the system.
- Receive recognition as a certified trail auditor using the Green Flag Trails System.